A Nuremberg silver medal commemorating the victory of the Holy Alliance over Napoleon - image-1
A Nuremberg silver medal commemorating the victory of the Holy Alliance over Napoleon - image-2
A Nuremberg silver medal commemorating the victory of the Holy Alliance over Napoleon - image-1A Nuremberg silver medal commemorating the victory of the Holy Alliance over Napoleon - image-2

Lot 123 Dα

A Nuremberg silver medal commemorating the victory of the Holy Alliance over Napoleon

Auction 1084 - overview Berlin
03.05.2017, 16:00 - The Gronert Collection
Estimate: 1.100 € - 1.300 €

A Nuremberg silver medal commemorating the victory of the Holy Alliance over Napoleon

Avers relief portraits of Emperor Francis I of Austria, Tsar Alexander I of Russia, and King Frederick William III of Prussia in uniform. Revers a relief allegorical depiction of Germania with the inscription "SCHÖN WIE DIE DEUTSCHE EICHE GRÜN MEINES VOLKES GLÜCK" (beautiful like the German oak green my people’s fortune). Hollow medal containing six double-sided roundels with hand-coloured lithographed battle scenes to one side and with hand-written text to the other, all relating to the expulsion of the French army from Russia and Germany in 1814. In the lid and base a poem on "The End of Tyranny". In the original, gold embossed case. Diameter 5 cm.
Marks of Johann Thomas Stettner, 1814.