A Neoclassical gilt metal chandelier

A Neoclassical gilt metal chandelier

Six branches with blue glass drip pans arranged around a central bowl, suspended from three chains. All nozzles drilled, the insets later, partially re-gilt. H ca. 70, D ca. 74 cm.
After Karl Friedrich Schinkel.

The Werner & Mieth manufactory was founded in 1790, with its headquarters on Leipziger Strasse 112 opposite the royal porcelain manufactory. Their product range was unusually broad, but "in the best possible taste" ("sont exécutes avec beaucoup de goût", Hahn, Virtuelles Berlin um 1800, p. 2). The manufacturers' patent was so successful because it made it unnecessary to chase the material subsequently, allowing for a more cost-efficient production. Werner & Mieth were present at the academy's exhibitions every two years as of 1794, and found numerous patrons there.

Literature

A similar chandelier with white glass formerly in the white room of the Neues Pavillion in cat.: K.F. Schinkel Möbel und Interieur, Munich-Berlin, undated, p. 124).

Lot 208 Dα

Estimate:
8.000 € - 10.000 €

Bid
Request condition report