A Berlin KPM porcelain plate with a view of the new court theatre in Hannover

A Berlin KPM porcelain plate with a view of the new court theatre in Hannover

Model no. 1084. The well decorated with a view of the theatre with figures. Bordered by gilt etched foliage and three pearl-twined and wreathed gold stripes. Blue sceptre mark with KPM, impressed marks, incised II, painter's signature in green "W. Ramm Hannov.", owner's monogram in black E.A.F.C. for Ernst August Fidei Commis. D 24.6 cm.
1837 - 44, painted by W. Ramm, circa 1852.

The opera house in Hannover was built in 1845 - 52 after designs by Georg Ludwig Friedrich Lavas (1788 - 1864). Lavas was appointed court architect in Hannover in 1814, shortly after completing his studies in Kassel. He soon began renovating the city in the modern style, sprinkling it with imposing Neoclassical designs. He was interested in the use of cast iron supports as well as road construction, and combined these two interests to complete the Weserbrücke in Rinteln in 1847.

Provenance

Sotheby´s Royal House of Hanover Sale on 9th October 2005, lot 2446.

Lot 125 Dα

Estimate:
3.000 € - 4.000 €

Result:
3.750 €