A Vienna porcelain cup and saucer with "faux bois" decor
Of cylindrical form with angular handle and original saucer. The rims decorated with a wavy border. Blue "bindenschild" mark, grey 70, year stamp 96, dreher's numbers 47 and 39.
Vienna, Imperial porcelain manufactory under Konrad von Sorgenthal, fired 1796, decorated soon after.
Wooley & Wallis Salisbury Wiltshire, 3rd September 2003, lot 1091.
An identical cup fired in 1802 housed in the collection of the Mährische Galerie Brno in cat.: 200 Jahre Wiener Porzellanmanufaktur, Stuttgart 2018, p. 195.