A Berlin KGM porcelain plaque with a portrait of an officer from the "Leib Husar" regiment

A Berlin KGM porcelain plaque with a portrait of an officer from the "Leib Husar" regiment

Decorated with a finely painted bust in an octagonal reserve on a golden shield against a black background. Atop the shield a black eagle and the motto "PRO GLORIA ET PATRIA", below it a family coat of arms monogrammed J.v.W. Impressed eagle mark and P5. H 15.8, W 13.3 cm, in a later brass frame with stand H 19, W 16.3 cm.
Berlin, KGM Gesundheitsgeschirr, after 1818.

Literature

For more on "gesundheitsporzellan", see: Tlustek, Berlin bleifrei. Frühe Pioniere der Gesundheitsbranche, Berlin 2016, in: https://www.stadtmuseum.de/objekte-und-geschichten/berlin-bleifrei. The lead-free glaze was first developed in France in the late 18th century under the name "hygiocerames". KPM decided to found a sister company producing these porcelains, KGM, in 1818. Their headquarters was located on the banks of the Spree, West of Tiergarten.

Lot 302 Rα

Estimate:
3.000 € - 4.000 €

Bid
Request condition report