A pair of burr walnut veneer Gothic Revival chairs.
With later textile upholstery. With a quatrefoil form opening to the backrest. H 92 cm.
Berlin, ca. 1840 - 50, after a design by Karl Friedrich Schinkel.
For this model, cf. cat.: Karl Friedrich Schinkel 1781-1841, Berlin 1982, illus. 300. The Deutsches Historisches Museum holds a painting by Franz Krüger showing Friedrich Wilhelm IV in his study in circa 1846, in the background of which one of Schinkel's original chairs in clearly visible.