Utagawa Hiroshige - Ôban triptych. View of the whirlpools at the Naruto Straits in Awa, from an untitled series of three triptychs that depict Snow, Moon and Flowers (setsugekka). 
This triptych i... - image-1
Utagawa Hiroshige - Ôban triptych. View of the whirlpools at the Naruto Straits in Awa, from an untitled series of three triptychs that depict Snow, Moon and Flowers (setsugekka). 
This triptych i... - image-2
This triptych i... - image-3
This triptych i... - image-4
This triptych i... - image-5
This triptych i... - image-6
This triptych i... - image-1Utagawa Hiroshige - Ôban triptych. View of the whirlpools at the Naruto Straits in Awa, from an untitled series of three triptychs that depict Snow, Moon and Flowers (setsugekka). 
This triptych i... - image-2Utagawa Hiroshige - Ôban triptych. View of the whirlpools at the Naruto Straits in Awa, from an untitled series of three triptychs that depict Snow, Moon and Flowers (setsugekka). 
This triptych i... - image-3Utagawa Hiroshige - Ôban triptych. View of the whirlpools at the Naruto Straits in Awa, from an untitled series of three triptychs that depict Snow, Moon and Flowers (setsugekka). 
This triptych i... - image-4Utagawa Hiroshige - Ôban triptych. View of the whirlpools at the Naruto Straits in Awa, from an untitled series of three triptychs that depict Snow, Moon and Flowers (setsugekka). 
This triptych i... - image-5Utagawa Hiroshige - Ôban triptych. View of the whirlpools at the Naruto Straits in Awa, from an untitled series of three triptychs that depict Snow, Moon and Flowers (setsugekka). 
This triptych i... - image-6

Lot 313 Dα

Utagawa Hiroshige - Ôban triptych. View of the whirlpools at the Naruto Straits in Awa, from an untitled series of three triptychs that depict Snow, Moon and Flowers (setsugekka). This triptych i...

Auction 1213 - overview Cologne
09.12.2022, 11:00 - Asian Art
Estimate: 9.000 € - 12.000 €

Utagawa Hiroshige

Ôban triptych. View of the whirlpools at the Naruto Straits in Awa, from an untitled series of three triptychs that depict Snow, Moon and Flowers (setsugekka).
This triptych i...

Ôban triptych. View of the whirlpools at the Naruto Straits in Awa, from an untitled series of three triptychs that depict Snow, Moon and Flowers (setsugekka).
This triptych is the last in the series of three, representing ‘flower’, because of the shape of the whirlpools. Signed: Hiroshige hitsu. Seal. Publisher: Okasawaya Taheiji. Censor: aratame. Date: 4/1857. Very good impression, bokashi, colours still strong, slightly faded, stain on central sheet, some rubbing, minimally trimmed, damages to edges, paper undulating

Provenance

Private collection, Italy, according to the consigner from the collection of Luigi Ghezzi

Literature

Illustrated in: Calza, Gian Carlo, Le Stampe del Mondo Fluttuante, Milan: Vanni Scheiwiller 1976, no. 4.23, pp. 180, 182-3.