We carry out an identity check on all bidders prior to the auctions in accordance with the new Money Laundering Act (if this has not already been done). You can easily and securely upload the necessary identification documents on this page.
Why do I need identity check prior to the auction?
The new Money Laundering Act requires auction houses to verify the identity of the bidder for transactions exceeding the amount of 10,000 EUR. Since we do not know the amount of the bidder's turnover prior an auction, we verify the identity of all customers who register for our auctions (unless an identity check has already been carried out in the past). The law requires this also for clients who have been known to us for a long time.
What identification documents do I need?
We require the following documents to carry out the identity check:
For private customers
- Identity card (front and back with current address) or
- Passport and proof of address (utility invoice, for example electricity, gas, telephone bill)
- Extract from the commercial register
How can I upload the documents?
You can upload the documents easily and securely in three steps:
- Enter your e-mail address and name
- Name the department(s) whose auction(s) you wish to participate in.
- Upload the documents. Please note that you can only upload one copy/photograph of the document at a time. If you have a smartphone, the camera app will open so you can photograph and upload your documents.
Notes on data protection
We would like to point out that the uploading of documents complies with the requirements of the German Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) and has been checked by an external money laundering and data protection officer.