Oil on cardboard 27.7 x 42.1/ 42.8 cm, framed. Signed M Liebermann in black lower left. - With minor professional retouches along the upper edge at parts under the former framing.
Not recorded by Eberle
With an expertise by Matthias Eberle, Berlin, dated 7 March 2011; the work will be included in the supplement of the catalogue raisonné of paintings by Max Liebermann with the number 1921/46a.
Accompanied by the copy of an older photo-certificate by Dr. Heinrich Brauer, Berlin, dated 22 July 1976 (Chamber of Industry and Commerce Berlin; with erroneous date and motif assignment).
Formerly private collection, Rhineland, most probably acquired from private possession in Bonn in the late 1960s; since then in family possession