A Meissen porcelain cup and saucer commemorating King Friedrich August I's 50th jubilee - image-1
A Meissen porcelain cup and saucer commemorating King Friedrich August I's 50th jubilee - image-2
A Meissen porcelain cup and saucer commemorating King Friedrich August I's 50th jubilee - image-1A Meissen porcelain cup and saucer commemorating King Friedrich August I's 50th jubilee - image-2

Lot 107 Dα

A Meissen porcelain cup and saucer commemorating King Friedrich August I's 50th jubilee

Auction 1193 - overview Berlin
07.05.2022, 11:00 - The Prussian Sale & Berlin Salon
Estimate: 1.000 € - 1.500 €

A Meissen porcelain cup and saucer commemorating King Friedrich August I's 50th jubilee

The cup with a polished gilt relief portait of the king beneath the inscription "50 Jahre Vater seines Volkes." (50 years father of his people). The saucer with the conjoined monogram FAR for Fredericus Augustus Rex beneath the Saxon crown. Blue crossed swords mark with star (saucer) and I (cup), gold 119., dreher's numbers. H of cup 6.5, D of saucer 13.4 cm.
Circa 1813.

Born in 1750, the Saxon Prince Frederick August became Elector of Saxony after the reign of his father, who died on 17th December 1763, lasted only 74 days. He reigned from 1806 until his death in 1827 as King Frederick August I and was called "the Just".

Provenance

The Hiemisch collection, acquired in 1988 from Senger in Bamberg.